Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This Charming Man

Louis Garrell. It’s not a name that slides smoothly off the tongue. The only way to get from the first to the second syllable of the second name is by way of The Gag. No, it’s not the kind where you’re always the butt of; rather, it’s a choking, guttural sound that the French constantly make to get their points across. It’s no wonder then that the French come off as snooty people. If you had to hack and gag all day, and have choking on your saliva as a possible cause of death, you too will be snooty as hell.

But before I digress to the point where I can’t find my way back, lets return to the very handsome topic, which has prodded my lazy ass to update my corner of the virtual universe --- Louis Garrel. Now if you don’t know who Louis Garrel is, do yourself a favor by watching The Dreamers, found in your friendly neighborhood DBD store. Still not willing to budge? Here are three reasons: threesomes, incest and naked young bodies. Aha! Third reason made your eyes grow bigger, didn’t it? Oh, you perv.

Some months ago, I was browsing through Hedi Slimane’s Photo Diary (if you haven’t been there, you are doing your eyes a complete and utter disservice), and lo and behold, who do I see there but the object of my lust, posing like a god while enshrouded in a cloak of cigarette smoke.




Now THAT, folks, is a work of art! I’m getting shivers all over and it’s not even cold in the office. And he sings! Oh, he sings! If you’re in the mood for quirky threesomes and guy-on-guy action (oh, you know you always are), try to see Les Chansons D’amour.


All this gorgeousness and charm is leaving me a little bit light-headed. I need to lie down for a bit.

No comments: