Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Anatomy Lesson

I’ve always marveled at those who can create a new fuzzy friend just by twisting and maneuvering two needles and a ball of yarn. The few times I had dug deep inside and channeled my inner Martha Stewart, I had ended up pitifully twirling an inedible dish of yarn spaghetti with my metal chopsticks. This is more commonly known as Arts and Crafts Fail.

Now Sarah Illenberger, on the other hand, is the ultimate modern day Ms. Crafty McCraft. She puts a whole new dimension to organ-ic phrases such as “Watch your lungs, you smoker” or “Spill your guts" and my personal favorite – “To you, I offer my heart.”

Obviously not a smoker's lungs.


How's the movement goin', Bowels?


Isn't that a fine work of heart?


Amazing, eh?

Now if frog dissection were this cute, I believe I would have gotten an A in my lab class.

2 comments:

Mia B. said...

The air is different here in the 'burbs.

Congratulations on the new digs, Kaity. I'm glad you're up and about, writing again! Come visit us in the city sometime.

Kaity said...

Hey Mia,

Yeah, the air is most definitely different here. Smells...high. Ha! Whenever I think of suburbs, it reminds me the show Weeds. Wala lang. Of course, I'll be visiting! My heart belongs to the citeh!